- Those who are already organized and thrilled to have someone validating their actions
- Those who are not organized and are in pain as I share my tips!
Well, they may not be in literal pain but trying to do something that is hard for you to do is, well, hard!
For one reason, each one of us has different personalities, influenced mostly by our genetics. Some personalities are just more organized than others. And, each of us has different behaviors which is what you choose to do. You make choices each time you take an action.
If you truly want to get organized for you (and not to please someone else), I firmly believe you can become more organized! Even if you have the type of personality that isn’t orderly, you can change. You just have to decide if you want to change your behaviors and start working toward being more organized. Then start taking some steps in that direction. Here are some tips I pray will help you:
- Have a good, specific reason for why you want to be organized. Perhaps you are tired of losing things; frustrated that you are always running late; short changing your family by not being available to them in the way you want to be; or missing assignments at school or work.
- Then, sit down and make a plan for one of your reasons. For example, if you keep losing your keys, think of a place where you will always place them. If you are always running late, force yourself to set your alarm earlier. Then force yourself to count back the hours from when you need to be somewhere to the time you have to leave and write that time down on a sticky note so you won’t forget.
- Start with your weakest spot (it’s usually the one thing that is driving you crazy). For some people it’s keeping up with the mail and all the important papers coming into the home and not letting it culminate in large stacks. For others it’s the laundry; or clutter; or closets that are a mess. It may even be time – life is pulling you in so many directions that you don’t have time for the most important things in your life, which I hope are people.
- And start with just one thing: one drawer; one closet; one room. Once you start with one thing you will be motivated to continue.
- And last, if you are too busy – taking on too many things – then you will have a real struggle with having an organized life. This is when you will need to go to God and ask Him what priorities you should have for your life. I believe that He doesn’t want us running around in the wrong directions feeling frustrated and out of control. He wants us to have peace and structure in our lives.
Manna from Heaven
“I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13
Billy Graham has prepared what may be his last message to our nation. This program is called: The Cross and you can see it on TV this Thursday, November 7 – FOX News Channel – 10 pm ET, Local TV Stations November 8-10; Christian cable channels, November 7-30 or watch online anytime November 7-10 and it will be repeated in the days that follow on various channels.
He said, “I want to remind Americans of God’s amazing love and call people to ‘a repentance that leads to salvation’. Ungodliness floods our land. Moral decline has become normal. We see killing, theft, dishonesty, greed, and open immorality everywhere. But Jesus has always sought out sinners and brings them to Himself.”